[fixed] Issue: Clipping as 'bookmark' is adding to note title 'bookmark', instead of the webpage title

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
cadudesun

[fixed] Issue: Clipping as 'bookmark' is adding to note title 'bookmark', instead of the webpage title

Post by cadudesun »

Hi. Just reporting that clipping as 'bookmark' is titling the note as 'bookmark', instead of parsing the webpage title, as shown in this screenshot:

In the given example, the clipped link was this one:
https://github.com/StarlaneStudios/vsco ... nt-anchors

After clipping again, the title was properly parsed.

When clipping just a single webpage, the issue never happened.
The issue happens when clipping two or more webpages in sequence (repeating steps 1 and 2 shown in the screenshot).
Even clipping dozens of 'bookmarks' in sequence, the issue may not appear for a while (although at some point it happens).
It seems to be related to the timing of MyInfo Webclipper sending the information to MyInfo Desktop.
I'm using the browser Microsoft Edge (not tested with other browsers).

Thanks,
Carlos
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I can't reproduce it so far (I've tried multiple times in Edge), but I will keep observing it.
cadudesun

Post by cadudesun »

Petko wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 3:05 pm I can't reproduce it so far (I've tried multiple times in Edge), but I will keep observing it.
Hi Petko.
I just tried MyInfo webclipper "v1.0.8" in a clean installation of Google Chrome.
As shown in the screen-recording below, I could reproduce the issue in Chrome as well.
Try bookmarking one webpage after the other at a fast pace.
Cheers,
Carlos

MyInfo Bookmark issue.gif
MyInfo Bookmark issue.gif (1.27 MiB) Viewed 1309 times
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thanks, now when trying to clip different pages, I can reproduce the issue. It affects not only bookmarks, but the page title in general.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The new version of the web clipper fixes that problem (1.0.9).