Styles do not work

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
enonod

Styles do not work

Post by enonod »

Version 7.3 trial as today on website.
Setting a selected paragraph format the normal way for a hanging indent works perfectly although I could not find where to set the Tab distance to match the 1st line outdent.

When setting a new style to the same it just does not work.

I have done this on many apps and word processors and know what I am doing, any help please.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

In MyInfo First Line Indent is added to the Left Indent. So you can set just the Left Indent (leaving First Line Indent empty) and this will indent the whole paragraph uniformly. Is that what are you trying to achieve?
enonod

Post by enonod »

I set a style, with a name, select it as being for paragraph and set the font then the paragraph settings including indent (and hanging indent as another test).
The style appears in the list.
I type a paragraph and then select the style, having selected the paragraph first (I also tried simply having the cursor in the paragraph as is normal), but the paragraph did not change from normal.
I have set and used word processor styles since the 1970's continuously. This does not work.
The nearest I got was to click in the middle of a paragraph and selected 'emphasis' (built in) and it changed only the word at the cursor.
[Edit]v 7.3 [7516] Built in Styles seem to work but are they Macro's where Custom are not because Quote adds quotation marks???
I set 1st line=0; Left indent =20pt; alignment= Left; spacing after=6pt Line spacing=single
Properties=paragraph.
Select text and select style from the Ribbon box after clear all and also from context menu Styles. The only thing that happens is the font and size change correctly, no indent at all.
It just crashed while editing Styles, with a Stack Overflow, I sent the bug report. Happened twice. If it is useful, the Menu bar is now along the bottom of main window.