Some features I wish we had

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
trygve

Some features I wish we had

Post by trygve »

Hello. I love the app. I have a small wish-list, though. Specifically, I suggest implementing the following functions (with possibility to assign them keyboard shortcuts):
  1. Go to Section: would summon dialog like Go to Note, but for selecting a section (rather than a note).
  2. Move to Note: would summon dialog like Move or Copy Notes, but allow moving (or perhaps copying) a note to another note (ie making it a child/subnote), rather than to another section. Might be most feasible for this only to work within sections?
  3. Auto Copy: would be a version of Auto Paste, which I love but find awkward, as there is no feedback when toggling it on/off, nor when copying with it turned on. I'd rather have an always-active keyboard shortcut specifically for copying directly to MyInfo, without having to turn on Auto Paste first.
Suggestion #1 is most important to me. I would find is extremely useful. The other two would just be "nice-to-have".

Hope this makes sense. Please let me know if any questions.

Thank you!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thanks for the suggestions! I am considering some Go To (Note) dialog improvements, which may allow going to sections too (or selecting which items to search: Notes, Sections, etc).

As for the AutoCopy, please note that there is a Global Paste (Paste Clipboard Content Into MyInfo) command which may be the one you need:
https://manual.myinfoapp.com/#_global_hotkeys
trygve

Post by trygve »

Thanks for your reply!! I will keep an eye out for the Go To (Note) dialog improvements :D

And thank you for pointing out the Global Paste hotkey! Indeed that is exactly what I was looking for. I find this a little easier to use than the Auto Paste feature. It's great that you have both options.

Happy new year!