Desperately seeking DARK MODE...

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
mayablu

Desperately seeking DARK MODE...

Post by mayablu »

MI user since 2017. Excited that a Dark Mode is finally TBA with MI 8. Just got a new desktop, and really needing the full-on Dark for tired writer's eyes thing. When, please? Still using elder vers. with old style MS Win 7 UI, because it's much easier on eyes. Please do a Dark release soon. I do not want to switch to another PKM, but will soon be forced to choose one if no Dark MI is really going to be released this year. Thanks for nearly 6 years of absolutely great PKM/PIM, Petko.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You should have received an email about how to obtain MyInfo 8. Please check your spam folder too. If you can't find the email, I will send you information on PM here in the forums.
mayablu

Post by mayablu »

CONGRATULATIONS~ Thanks, Petko! MI v8 Dark Mode looks wonderful. Trial version is great. Looking forward to setting up new desktop soon.
MusicianGray

Post by MusicianGray »

mayablu wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:10 pm CONGRATULATIONS~ Thanks, Petko! MI v8 Dark Mode looks wonderful. Trial version is great. Looking forward to using phentermine over the counter setting up new desktop soon.
Agreed with you. Dark mode looks so good in everything.
The idea behind Dark Mode is that it reduces the lighting emitted by device screens while maintaining the minimum color contrasts ratios required for readability. Thus reducing the strain experienced by human eyes while extending our smartphone battery.
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

I'm new so bear with me. :)

DARK MODE ROCKS !!!!! :D

dave
mayablu

Post by mayablu »

Dave--
Welcome.
Yes, after a second career as a print editor, I was already in trouble with the whiteout / *snow blindness* effect of white GUIs that pretty much * are * our visual world. I don't use MI in small devices like a phone. I encourage everyone to go at least to tablets for writing/editing, and...paint it black! Protect your vision now --with dark UIs-- and your 50+ year-old self in the Future will definitely thank you.

MyInfo has been one of the great quality of life/work tools ever for me! Hope you're continuing to find MI's many features useful, Dave.
Happy Winter Holidays to Petko and MI Tribe!
mayablu
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

I think I may have found a dark mode chink. Unless it's by design. Here's what I found:
light.png
light.png (7.08 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
dark.png
dark.png (6.97 KiB) Viewed 1797 times
Notice dark mode doesn't have the little drop down arrow for child notes. In dark mode, there's no visible way to know if notes have child notes.

Just FYI,
Dave
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

blopplop wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:55 am I think I may have found a dark mode chink. Unless it's by design. Here's what I found:

light.png
dark.png

Notice dark mode doesn't have the little drop down arrow for child notes. In dark mode, there's no visible way to know if notes have child notes.

Just FYI,
Dave
Screenshot shows dark-mode indeed. However I can't make sense of the missing arrows. I'm unable to recreate such a situation. Did you change your view to a different perspective?
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

When I switch to dark, the arrows disappear. When I switch back to light or system color, they reappear. I haven't changed any other setting... that I can remember anyway. :)

Thanks,
Dave
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

The arrows that would indicate child notes are just not there in dark mode. I've tested it a number of times.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

blopplop wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:36 pm The arrows that would indicate child notes are just not there in dark mode. I've tested it a number of times.
It's probably not a common issue, I haven't seen more reports about this. Did you try reinstalling MyInfo? Also which version of Windows 10 or 11 are you using
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

Win 10. No I haven't tried reinstalling. Probably won't bother to be honest. I'll just deal with it. :)