Multiple instances?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
kenw232

Multiple instances?

Post by kenw232 »

Can I get multiple instances to run? I don't see an option. when I try to open a second notebook it just changes the first one that is already open. I would like two windows from two shortcuts.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

kenw232 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 1:44 pm Can I get multiple instances to run? I don't see an option. when I try to open a second notebook it just changes the first one that is already open. I would like two windows from two shortcuts.
It's not possible (yet) to directly launch a database using a desktop shortcut as far I'm aware.

1. Open MyInfo
2. Menu -> Window -> New Window will open a new instance, where you can load the additional database
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Sounds like a good idea for an option though..
InjAnnuity_1

Post by InjAnnuity_1 »

I have a use-case for multiple instances:

Instance 1: a tree of detailed data types, with detailed documentation of each type.

Instance 2: a data dictionary, with class/structure definitions. As I add struct members, it would simplify definition to be able to just drag the appropriate type (node from Instance 1) into the definition (a "type" field in the current node in Instance 2).

Exactly what gets filled-in, in Instance 2, is a matter for a separate post. There are many ways to do such cross-references, and there's no one-size-fits-all.