[fixed] Message 'There are no open notebooks!'

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Simicro

[fixed] Message 'There are no open notebooks!'

Post by Simicro »

I don't get the interest to display this (annoying) message at launch of MyInfo, since the notebooks open a couple of seconds later.

InjAnnuity_1

Post by InjAnnuity_1 »

I suspect that this is presented at a point and time (inside the program) before the program knows that there will be more to display.

However, in the 95%+ of the cases where the program is being used, there is more coming; so, I agree, in those cases, it is quite misleading.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Simicro wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:57 pm I don't get the interest to display this (annoying) message at launch of MyInfo, since the notebooks open a couple of seconds later.
The default message is apparently ' There are no open notebooks', which is shown until MyInfo things it otherwise. Changing the logic to the opposite is probably better, show the text 'loading' or something like that, until loading is finished. If no notebooks loaded, replace the message loading with: There are no open notebooks

Even nicer loading bar, splash screen etc. There was an attempt in the direction, but it failed (it caused problems). However this - loading bar/ splash screen - is topic of prioritization If developer time would be abundant, I would certainly say it should be implemented. However, developer time is a scarce commodity. So when choices need to be made, I would rate this pretty low myself.
Simicro

Post by Simicro »

Telesto wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:05 pmChanging the logic to the opposite is probably better, show the text 'loading' or something like that, until loading is finished. If no notebooks loaded, replace the message loading with: There are no open notebooks.
That would be fine for me. I don't need more fancy things (loading bar, splash screen, etc.)
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I will try to get rid of it in the next updates.
Simicro

Post by Simicro »

Oh ! What a nice suprise! Thank you very much :D
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Fixed in MyInfo 8.1.
Simicro

Post by Simicro »

Hi Petko,

Many thanks.