Pasting problem

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
shoe

Pasting problem

Post by shoe »

When I go to paste text in a note (ctl+v), a new note is created with what I paste as the title. How do I paste text into a note already created?
It seems to happen after renaming a node. I have cursor in editor. Sometimes when I try to format test in the editor when the above happens, it formats the title or no formatting tools appears when trying in the note editor???
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

shoe wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:36 pm 14, 2023 10:36 pm

When I go to paste text in a note (ctl+v), a new note is created with what I paste as the title.
That can be pretty annoying.

It appears that the tree panel being still focused when you use CTRL+V for some reason. A few questions. How do you rename a node? By pressing F2 on the node in the tree panel. Or do you use the title bar to change a note title? And how do you 'exit' the title change mode? Pressing Enter? Clicking inside the Text Editor? Something else?
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

I can confirm that this problem still persists. And yes, it is very annoying,
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

mfelix wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:59 am I can confirm that this problem still persists. And yes, it is very annoying,
Being able to paste a new note in tree with auto-caption is in essence a feature. There might still be a bug somewhere, though. Is it possible to describe the workflow more concretely (or some screencast)?

I'm guessing it's about the following case:
1. Copy some text to clipboard
2. Select a note in tree
3. Press F2 to toggle rename (in tree): type some name
4. Hit Enter to confirm the change
5. CTRL+V -> Pasts below the existing note -> Wrong

Why? It's inconsistent compared to
1. Copy some text to clipboard
2. Select a note
3. Edit the title bar (title above the editor)
4. Press Enter
5. CTRL+V -> Paste inside the existing note
sstiles

Post by sstiles »

I've just started using Myinfo. The trial version didn't work this way but the registered version does. It's very frustrating as I'm often pasting in quite a lot of text and it takes a while for it to populate. Is there any workaround anyone can suggest?
R Ambell

Post by R Ambell »

sstiles wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 7:18 pm I've just started using Myinfo. The trial version didn't work this way but the registered version does. It's very frustrating as I'm often pasting in quite a lot of text and it takes a while for it to populate. Is there any workaround anyone can suggest?
You are right, pasting issue is very annoying for me too.
I am also looking for the solution for this. I hope it will be better soon!
Platyform

Post by Platyform »

shoe wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:36 pm When I go to paste text in a note (ctl+v), a new note is created with what I paste as the title. How do I paste text into a note already created? geometry dash breeze
It seems to happen after renaming a node. I have cursor in editor. Sometimes when I try to format test in the editor when the above happens, it formats the title or no formatting tools appears when trying in the note editor???
Try using the key combination ctrl+Shift+v