Copy folder from one database to another

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Post Reply
nocar
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:03 am

Copy folder from one database to another

Post by nocar »

I have been revising a couple of my MyInfo 8 databases. I wanted to copy a branch (folder of notes) from one database to another. I open two databases -- let's call them Database A and Database B. I copy a branch in Database A. I then switch to Database B and try to paste the branch. Nothing happens -- paste is nonfunctional in Database B.

I was able to get the Database A branch into Database B by first exporting the branch as Treepad Business .hjt file and then importing that file into Database B.

Am I missing something? Should I be able to copy a branch (folder) of notes from one database to another other than the roundabout method I had to use? If not, should this function be added to a future edition of the MyInfo 8?
Telesto
Posts: 3739
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by Telesto »

FWIW: I have no issue copy/pasting a part of the tree structure to a different database. So having database A open in Window A. And database B in Window B and coping a part of a tree in Window B and pasting it into a section in Window A

Side-note:
* Pasting into the Main Perspective
* Slightly dated build: 8.5.2 [8795], MyInfoCore 1.15.0+8792 [My license for new versions expired]
nocar
Posts: 104
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:03 am

Post by nocar »

Telesto, you are ABSOLUTELY correct. I was foolishly copying a folder in Database A and then using the drop down arrow in the left upper corner of MyInfo to open the Database B and trying to paste into it. It didn't work.

Menu option Window -> New Window opens a new Window in which I can now open Database B and complete my paste.

Thank you. Much appreciated.
Post Reply