Minimize doesn't always work

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
SleepsAtNight

Minimize doesn't always work

Post by SleepsAtNight »

After using MyInfo for some time, it fails to Minimize. I am using Windows XP SP2 with all latest updates. When I click the Minimize button (or the Minimize menu option) nothing happens. If I close MyInfo and restart it, then Mininize works. But after awhile, it stops working again.

I am not using the option to "Minimize to Tray". I will change to that option to see if it makes a difference. But it should work either way.

Any ideas?

Sleeps.
SleepsAtNight

Post by SleepsAtNight »

Same problem when I check "Minimize to Tray".
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Unfortunately I have no idea why this happens with your computer. We have no other reports of such problem and could not reproduce it here. Maybe you have some task bar management programs or some other application that interferes with MyInfo?
chender

Post by chender »

For the record I get the same thing periodically. If I close and reopen problem goes away.
bankwatch.wordpress.com
roediger

Post by roediger »

Same as with chender on my computer. Am also using Windows XP SP2 + all security updates.
velivolus

Post by velivolus »

I've had the same problem but have found an easier solution than quitting and restarting info: if you click on the systray icon a couple of times when it refuses to minimize, that seems to sovle the problem.
scadarick

Post by scadarick »

I have the same trouble with the minimize issue, but also when this happens, I have no data in the data fileds, right pane. click on a topic and it goes gray, like no data is there...really odd and I have tried to reproduce the problem on many ocasions, but could not. just as a guess, I think it has something to do with IE, cant really explain why, but when I have had some IE problems with maybe a BHO, I have noticed that my data in my info would be gone. The only way to fix is the close and reopen on database MIO file.

one other thing, can you add a backup feature, the old version had if I remember correctly. .mbk files. beter yet, just add a file extension to the SAVE AS, like .MBK with the normal .MIO. The ammount of data I could loose if something happened to myinfo, would be a disaster and almost impossible to replace.
ScadaRick

aka: Richard L Parker