Program Sluggish

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
JanRif

Program Sluggish

Post by JanRif »

On my system, w2k-sp4, MI becomes very, very sluggish & I can't figure out why. The result is that the program becomes almost unusable after a while. It may be a memory problem but even if MI is running by itself (except for usual background apps) it still remains sluggish. Restarting system cures this problem for a while & then the same thing happens. ??

Main Apps in background:
anti virus = NOD32
Firewall = sygate

Thank you.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jan, what kind of files are you using inside MyInfo (what size is the topic, how big are the documents inside the topics)?
JanRif

Post by JanRif »

Petko wrote:Jan, what kind of files are you using inside MyInfo (what size is the topic, how big are the documents inside the topics)?
actually my topics are not very big because I have divided them up more than I would so I can at least point clipped data to the right topic. Nothing is very big.

I also notice that a macro I use from power Pro - invisible to other programs -- is very sluggish in MI. The macro is only to insert a name & date, nothing fancy. :?:

Added several hours after initial post. Petko, I discovered 5 spywre programs had infiltrated my system. That might explain the sluggish performance I reported. We shall see.

Edited still later. Petko I did tests of this simple keystroke macro from power pro works efficiently in *every* other program on my system except for MyInfo. This leads me to believe that there is something very different about MI but I certainly don't know what it could be but it may give you a clue about the sluggishness on my machine.

Next day: I did find I had some adware on my system which slowed things down. But even after cleaning all of it off my system, macro works slower on MI than on other programs. It looks to me that MI uses JAVA. That may have something to do w it as none of my other programs make use of JAVA in this way.

Thank you.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jan, MyInfo is written entirely in C++, not Java, so it is as fast as most Windows programs. Could you send us this macros to support@milenix.com, so we can test it and see what is causing the slower execution?