beginner's questions

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
wsp

beginner's questions

Post by wsp »

I've just begun trying out MyInfo and am very impressed. But I have just a few questions:

Why can't I define a custom color for a paragraph background (in styles)? The command is there, but it is grayed out.

Under Tools>Options>Display, when I create a custom color for the tree background or the editor pane background, the color does not stay on the "Custom colors" menu after I close MyInfo. Why?

Am I correct in assuming that custom styles apply to one topic only? Is there any way of copying a group of custom styles from one topic to another?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Currently, it is not possible to use custom styles for background color of a paragraph and to save the custom colors for future use. This may change in the future versions.

You can't copy styles from one topic to another (they are per-topic), but you can define them in a template topic and then create new topic containing the styles of the template.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

I have another question on my mind as a new MyInfo user. I'm pleased that I can tile two or more documents from different topics; but I wonder whether, in the future, it will perhaps be possible to tile multiple documents from the same topic. If so, that would be wonderful. I'm accustomed to this feature in some other programs (such as EverNote and UltraEdit) and miss it in MyInfo.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We have such requests from time to time, so we are looking for a way to do that in the next major version of MyInfo.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Great news! And I suppose that "next major version of MyInfo" means 5?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

wsp wrote:Great news! And I suppose that "next major version of MyInfo" means 5?
Yes, it means version 5. But the development of version 5 hasn't started and I can't give any start date yet..