Search encrypted topic?

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
yfeng

Search encrypted topic?

Post by yfeng »

Hi,

I noticed if some topics are encrypted in the folder, they are skipped during search. It's always a common scenario that all encrypted topics share the same password, so is it possible to add an option to prompt password for encrypted topics during search?

Thanks,
Yu
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We will think about this scenario.
jamal

Post by jamal »

It is expected behavior for Search to skip documents that the user doesn't have permission to access. Otherwise, it would be a security hole.

Here, if an encrypted topic is not open at the time of the search, the user (whoever that user is) simply doesn't have access to it. Therefore, skipping it is perfectly appropriate. Anything else, including prompting for password, would not be appropriate.
yfeng

Post by yfeng »

Petko,

After more consideration, I still think this feature is very much useful and needed (at least to me).

If we add an option "Allow prompt password for encrypted topic", it will not hurt current product. Also since it's very common all encrypted topics are using the same password, it will be nice to include "Apply same password" checkbox in the prompting password enter dialog.

Please consider.

Thanks,
Yu