MyInfo 5.01 is released

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Petko
MyInfo Support

MyInfo 5.01 is released

Post by Petko »

Just to let you know that the update was released today and you should receive update notifications soon.

What's next?
We plan to release MyInfo 5 to the public (and release MyInfo 5 trial version) and to release an update for MyInfo 4, which will incorporate bug fixes from MyInfo 5.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, two small observations on this latest release:

(1) After installation, I noticed that my "Normal" paragraph style had gone back to some default font. I changed "Normal" to my usual 14 pt. Georgia, and all was well again, but it was a rather alarming little glitch.

(2) The new spelling program does not recognize my old list of additions and exceptions. Is there any way I can recover that list and import it into the new program? I would be very sorry to lose my personal list of words and to have to create it again.

You seem to be a very busy fellow lately.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

wsp wrote:(1) After installation, I noticed that my "Normal" paragraph style had gone back to some default font. I changed "Normal" to my usual 14 pt. Georgia, and all was well again, but it was a rather alarming little glitch.
We have changed the way MyInfo default font works, this is the reason for this glitch. You should no longer experience it, once you have upgraded.
wsp wrote:(2) The new spelling program does not recognize my old list of additions and exceptions. Is there any way I can recover that list and import it into the new program? I would be very sorry to lose my personal list of words and to have to create it again.
Yes, you can copy the old custom dictionary into the new one:
1. Open this folder in Windows Expolorer:

Code: Select all

C:\Documents and Settings\[computer username]\Application Data\Milenix\MyInfo\4\Spelling Preferences
2. Now copy and paste the content of each file with .pws file extension to the customdict.txt file (probably you have only en.pws). Make sure that you use Notepad for opening customdict.txt, because it should be saved as Unicode-16 file. It won't work otherwise.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks. That worked smoothly.

And a minor suggestion for the UI: I love the three new icons for maximizing the tree, etc. I didn't realize how much I needed them until you introduced them. But most of the time I use MyInfo on the right half or third of my screen. On my laptop (which has fairly low screen resolution) that means those three icons disappear. Could you perhaps consider moving them farther to the left so that we can have access to them all the time? Personally, I would cast a vote for putting them in the far lower left corner.
Bill