Copy link to paragraph

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
joshi

Copy link to paragraph

Post by joshi »

It would be helpful if, when clicking on a link to a paragraph, the cursor would automatically move to the paragraph at issue. It seems that does not always happen, especially if the paragraph is located in a document I previously edited, in which case the link seems to take me to the portion of the page where I left off.
joshi

Post by joshi »

Update: From what I can tell, the link to paragraph works well when the link is located in the tree (that is, the cursor moves to the exact paragraph that is being link to). The problem appears to occur only when the link is located in the text editor.
steph

Post by steph »

Hi,

I already used the "create hyperlink" menu and it worked fine (except that I would have liked to be able to link to a document not only in the current topic, but in another one too). I follow the link by ctrl+click.

I tried the "copy link to paragraph" feature.
it seemed to work: I have been able to paste the link in the text pane (NOT in the tree pane where the path and the reference of the link are shown instead) but I don't know how to follow the link (ctrl+click does not work). (sorry about that!)

and:

I could remove the anchor from one location thanks to the "remove bookmark" in the right-click menu, but not from another (the "remove bookmark" does not show up). It was on bold and underlined text; i tried removing the format but that didn't solve the problem.

and:

can you confirm that it is impossible to insert a clone of a document located in another topic? That would have helped me (this time)

could anyone tel me how this all works? how am I supposed to do it all?

Thank you
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

steph wrote:I already used the "create hyperlink" menu and it worked fine (except that I would have liked to be able to link to a document not only in the current topic, but in another one too).
You can do that. Just go to the document you want to link to, click Edit > Copy Link > Copy Link To This Document, then go to the document where you want to insert the link and use Edit > Paste.
steph wrote:I tried the "copy link to paragraph" feature.
it seemed to work: I have been able to paste the link in the text pane (NOT in the tree pane where the path and the reference of the link are shown instead) but I don't know how to follow the link (ctrl+click does not work). (sorry about that!)
It should work. Could you send me a sample topic where it doesn't, so we can track down and fix the problem, if there is any?
steph wrote:I could remove the anchor from one location thanks to the "remove bookmark" in the right-click menu, but not from another (the "remove bookmark" does not show up). It was on bold and underlined text; i tried removing the format but that didn't solve the problem.
As above, can you copy that document to a new topic and send it to support@milenix.com?
steph wrote:can you confirm that it is impossible to insert a clone of a document located in another topic? That would have helped me (this time)
You are right about that one. It is not possible.
steph

Post by steph »

steph wrote:
I could remove the anchor from one location thanks to the "remove bookmark" in the right-click menu, but not from another (the "remove bookmark" does not show up). It was on bold and underlined text; i tried removing the format but that didn't solve the problem.
As above, can you copy that document to a new topic and send it to support@milenix.com?
Sorry for this one, I only clicked on the left side of the ° sign and it works well as I click on the right one.
For the other problem I sent you a file.

Thank you for your attention, Petko.