Import problems ...

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
mhanke

Import problems ...

Post by mhanke »

Meanwhile, I downloaded the trial version, and to have something to start with, tried to import some material into a topic.

The import of a larger text file (MS Word 2002, RTF) causes an error message: "1 files were not inserted, because they exceeded maximum allowed size of 3,9 MB per embedded file". So I have to split larger text documents in order to import them into MI?

I also tried to import one of my structured AS databases into MI. I exported them from AS as a CSV file. MI's import dialogue correctly identifies all fields, but whenever I try to click on OK, I only get this error message:

What am I doing wrong?

Regards,
Marcus
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

mhanke wrote:Meanwhile, I downloaded the trial version, and to have something to start with, tried to import some material into a topic.

The import of a larger text file (MS Word 2002, RTF) causes an error message: "1 files were not inserted, because they exceeded maximum allowed size of 3,9 MB per embedded file". So I have to split larger text documents in order to import them into MI?
If the Ms Word files is larger than 3,9 MB (or 11 MB in MyInfo Pro), the text will be imported successfully, but the original Ms Word file can't be attached to the new document.
mhanke wrote:I also tried to import one of my structured AS databases into MI. I exported them from AS as a CSV file. MI's import dialogue correctly identifies all fields, but whenever I try to click on OK, I only get this error message:

What am I doing wrong?
You should select where to insert each column from the CSV file into your topic. So each field from the CSV which you want to import should have a destination attribute in the topic. You do that by selecting the attribute in the Map To column of the CSV Import dialog. At least, you should have one CSV column mapped to the topic Document (name) attribute in order the import to work.
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

Marcus, exporting to CSV from askSam and importing into MyInfo is working fine.
Just as Petko wrote: take one of your fields (probably Name[ in your example) and map it to "Documents". The naming is a bit awkward, but this means the "document" name.

You will probably run into problems when:

a) importing dates: MyInfo expects a certain date format that differs from askSam

b) importing text that is not contained in a field in askSam, because then you cannot export it into the CSV.

My plugin is already able to import all askSam documents that you export to a text file. It will also pick up the document title from an askSam field you specify, or it will simply take the first line. I will now go on to work on the date transformation, because this is also important for my files.
I wasn't planning to release the import plugin before it can handle RTF documents, but if you want to test with the TXT import, please let me know.

Felix