MyInfo 5.70 Beta feedback

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Petko
MyInfo Support

MyInfo 5.70 Beta feedback

Post by Petko »

MyInfo 5.70 has many changes "under the hood", the most noticeable one - it is now fully Unicode enabled. This means that probably, there will be some glitches in this beta.

Please share and report anything that you encounter here.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Dr.J wrote:Petko,

I'm working with 5.70. It still seems very inconsistent in what files one can embed and view in the notes panel (.doc works but not.docx and not .xls). Drag and drop of files just leaves the link but no view in the notes panel. Now MyInfo won't even open.

Dr.J
Please keep in mind that MyInfo uses embedded Internet Explorer to show these files, so it depends on its settings whether any file can load or not.

The drag & drop issue should be fixed in the last update. Could you confirm?
gjdm

Post by gjdm »

Hello Petko,

Issue with read-only window, when displaying a document that contains hyperlink or formatted text (bold, underline) the document content is displayed until the hyperlink or the formatted text. The remaining part is NOT displayed.
gjdm

Post by gjdm »

Petko,

another issue still present in 5.73.
When using drag and drop from explorer to create a hyperlink, the hyperlink is created but its address field is empty. And when hovering the link display, the tip display a series of empty square characters.

(PS: I appreciate a lot MyInfo and I use it daily)
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

gjdm wrote:Petko,

another issue still present in 5.73.
When using drag and drop from explorer to create a hyperlink, the hyperlink is created but its address field is empty. And when hovering the link display, the tip display a series of empty square characters.

(PS: I appreciate a lot MyInfo and I use it daily)
I am not sure that I understand correctly the problem: do you drag & drop link from Internet Explorer? If yes, is the link from the address bar or from a web page and where do you drop it: in the tree, or in the text editor?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The beta test is now over.