Improvement of readonly windows

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
gjdm

Improvement of readonly windows

Post by gjdm »

Hello Petko,

I appreciate a lot the readonly windows.

I use them to address the need of reading a document while editing another one. For example consulting a meeting report to prepare agenda of next meeting or building a report from bits of several notes.
It would be great to have writable windows but I understand that currently it is hard to implement. At least using readonly windows is a useful workaround.

I think that this feature can be improve with some additions:
* enable following of hyperlinks from within a readonly window;
* add a refresh button on the readonly window to update its content (if modified in MI)
* add a goto button (or re-use the edit button) to select in MI the document; this work one time but not always when there are several opened read-only window
* add a "pin to top" feature for the readonly window
* add a copy link button that insert a link to the document in the clipboard (can be use to insert a link to the document in another document.

The general idea is to facilitate the handling of information present in several documents to build a new content in another document.

Thanks for your attention and your great work.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I like these ideas. I don't know if they will be ready for the next update (I want it to be ready fast, so there will be mainly bug fixes), but they will be in some of the next ones.