[fixed in 6.02] Cannot save new filters

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
keithb

[fixed in 6.02] Cannot save new filters

Post by keithb »

Trying to save a new filter, I overtype <New Filter> with my own name and click OK, and get the error: Cannot save! Destination file is read-only!

There is no problem updating topics, and I cannot find any seperate file that might contain filter definitions that could be set to read-only.

I have moved the Save directory for Topics to another location under My Documents. Could this be significant?
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

Filters are saved as *.mif files. Moving your topics to another directory shouldn't have an impact on this. Please search your harddisk for a preconfigured filter, e.g. "Active Tasks.mif" and check whether you can create a file in this directory.
Normally you will find this in the user's appdata directory, something like:

C:\Users\keithb\AppData\Roaming\Milenix\MyInfo\4\Filters or
C:\Users\keithb\AppData\Local\Milenix\MyInfo\4\Filters
keithb

Post by keithb »

Thanks, found they were all read only (must have got installed like that). I have manually copied some exiting filters that I can now amend.
joshi

Post by joshi »

Hi. I'm experience the same problem. Could you tell me what you did to fix it? Thanks.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Default filters are read-only. To edit any of them, just save it under a new name (type a new name in the Save Filter As box, when you edit it.
joshi

Post by joshi »

I do type in a new name in the Save Filter As box, but when I click "OK", I get the "Cannot save! Destination file is read-only!" message.