[fixed in 6.04] Import from Treepad problems

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

[fixed in 6.04] Import from Treepad problems

Post by kf »

I used to use the treepad import function in order to convert from Keynote files to MyInfo. Just tried it today and the import from the hjt does not recognize formatting (it's straight text, looks like raw RTF) and each tree item is truncated. Any ideas?

Better add that the truncation happens at all different lengths. Meaning it's not just getting the first x characters.

Further, importing the exported hjt file back into Keynote works as expected: formatting is kept and no truncation occurs.

Forgot to say that I'm using 6.03.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It will be fixed in the next update.
kf

Post by kf »

Thanks!
Mark S.

Post by Mark S. »

I'm evaluating 6.03. Will the fix be applied to the evaluation version as well? One of my problems with Treepad is that it has grown slower as it has filled with data. I would like know if MyInfo can handle the data better.

Which brings up the second import problem. I exported my TP data as TP v 2 (older without formatting) and then attempted to load the data into MI. It was only about 11 megs in size. MI hung up during import and the process had to be killed. I tried it again with a much smaller subset of data and it worked.

What size data can MI support?

Thanks!
Mark
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I have sent you PM with information about the beta version of the 6.04 trial, so you can test it out.
Mark S. wrote:What size data can MI support?
You can see the theoretical limits in MyInfo help file. However the practical topic sizes depend on your computer capabilities.
Mark S.

Post by Mark S. »

Petko wrote:I have sent you PM with information about the beta version of the 6.04 trial, so you can test it out.
Mark S. wrote:What size data can MI support?
You can see the theoretical limits in MyInfo help file. However the practical topic sizes depend on your computer capabilities.
Hello --

I tried the Beta.

The help file says that MI supports through TP 7. BUt I had to export to HJT (v 6) format first since there is no import for the new (7) TPD format. After that, MI could import all the TP data. However, all the images were lost. The formatting itself was almost identical, but no images.

Thanks!