Suggestion: Treeview Export

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

Suggestion: Treeview Export

Post by kf »

Could an export option be added for the treeview so you could export to CSV or XLS? This way all columns would be kept as shown in Myinfo. I like the export to text for some things, but it would be awesome to export to excel. In addition, it would be awesome to have a spreadsheet document (I think this was mentioned before). It wouldn't need to be a full-fledged spreadsheet, but spreadsheets are handy for displaying some types of data (export to excel on that would be cool too!).

Another comment on the treeview:
How are the column widths determined? I have tried setting the width in the column dialog but as soon as I move the pane divider everything gets messed up and I have to reset manually. Could an option be put in that columns don't autofit on pane resize? They also act unlike any columns I've seen in other programs. If I grab one to resize it, the ones to the left change their widths to accomodate. Is there any way to turn this off?

Thanks,

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Both suggestions are good and we will consider them (CSV export is already on our todo list).
kf

Post by kf »

Just wanted to update my second comment above. The weird nature of the columns in the treeview really limits flexibility. Even if I just change the size of the application window, the widths get all screwed up. I get the tables aligned just as I like them and then I go do something else and suddenly my data is either spread out or crushed together. Could a horizontal scrollbar be added to this pane? My expectation as a user is that it will act like a normal listview (or, like the tables in the textpane). It's confusing to have it autosize all the time!

Kevin