Open Office and Word Formats

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kaddy

Open Office and Word Formats

Post by kaddy »

Hi,

Justing testing verison 3.6 and have a problem I hope you can help with. I have a document in OpenOffice that I save as .doc format (97/2000/XP). However, when I attempt to create "document from file" in MyInfo, I get the error message "cannot open file". The problem does not occur if the document is in the OpenOffice format .odt nor if the doc was created in MS Word.

Not sure if this issue is with OpenOffice or MyInfo. I have found though that documents created in OpenOffice and saved as .doc do open ok in MS Word.

I do need to use .doc - prefer not to use txt because of formatting nor .odt as MS Word does not recognise this format.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Kaddy, this is very strange. MyInfo uses Microsoft Office converters in order to import .doc files, so if it opens in Ms Word, it should open in MyInfo too.

Could you please create a sample .doc file (export it from OpenOffice) and send it to support@milenix.com in order to test this?
kaddy

Post by kaddy »

Thank you - have emailed the test file as requested.

Rgds
mathom

Post by mathom »

Try saving in RTF. This is a native format for MS Word, and I've found that it's much more reliable than the DOC format when you need to work with the same document in several different editors. Strangely, even MS Word itself seems to have less problems with RTF.