Question - Efficiently cutting and pasting between Topics?

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
pehendrix

Question - Efficiently cutting and pasting between Topics?

Post by pehendrix »

Petko - is it possible to have a "second instance' of MyInfo open at the same time as the first? It would make it much easier to cut and past from one topic to another.

Alternatively, is it possible to show two topics side-by-side, and to cut and paste from one to the other quickly and easily?

ALT-TAB is the fasttest keyboard shortcut I've found - allowing two instances (as in NoteTab) allows one to quickly cut from, say, a file w/ background docs, to an Outline topic as one writes.

Thanks.

Phil
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Try this. Open explorer to where your topic is stored and make a copy of it.
Then open the copy with the original and then use the menu to Window and tile either horizontally or vertically or cascade -- your choice.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Alternatively, is it possible to show two topics side-by-side, and to cut and paste from one to the other quickly and easily?
Yes, open both topics, then Window > Tile Vertically [or Horizontally].
Bill
pehendrix

Post by pehendrix »

Thanks... the vertical tiling works perfectly, and makes it much easier to cut and paste from one topic to another.

The only drawback is when there are multiple topics open, Windows | Tile tiles all the open topics. To work with just two topics it appears as though one has to either minimize or close the other topics. It would be nice to be able to choose the two topics one would like to appear side-by-side, and not have to manually close or minimize the others.

Phil
wsp

Post by wsp »

Yes, I agree: it's slightly awkward when you have several topics open. But what I feel even more strongly about is the need to tile two or more documents within the same topic. I often want to compare two documents in one topic, or to copy information from one to another. That kind of tiling can't be done in MyInfo.
Bill