'Selected items' appearance customization: background color + solid line

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
cadudesun

'Selected items' appearance customization: background color + solid line

Post by cadudesun »

Hi.

For making the 'Selected items' easier to see, could you please consider giving the user the possibility to customize the 'background color' and 'line'?

Thank you,
Carlos

cadudesun

Post by cadudesun »

Just adding some thoughts to the 'Selected items' appearance.
When the focus is on the editor, the selected note becomes greyed, making it harder to be identified at a glance.
I've attached a screenshot of real-world tree with the focus on the editor.
After spending some time working on the editor content, I usually forget the position of the edited note.
And for me to identify the 'selected item' again isn't an immediate action mostly.

=> So I suggested in my first post the user customization for the 'selected items' appearance.
But any slight improvement in the contrast or elements that makes the 'Selected items' pops-up to the view is very welcomed.

MyInfo_2022-03-11_11.20.57.png
MyInfo_2022-03-11_11.20.57.png (225.18 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

A competitor (InfoQube) has number of options in this area. Tools -> Options -> Grid gives lovely set of options for inspiration what could be done.

The selected entry will be blue, but it depends on which column you select. In the case in the screenshot you did select the column 'tags', which makes title column gray.

Although having issue with distinguishing the select entry, I personally don't think solid lines being able to solve the issue. At least not with a small line width

I have changed the background color of the tree, so selected items popup out a little more. Gray against white background is indeed really problematic

Maybe this could give some inspiration.. Notice the 'John Do' being in edit mode, and at the right being a (in this case) yellow selection notice..
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg (162.58 KiB) Viewed 1563 times