[fixed] Starting batch files and other scripts in their own directories

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
InjAnnuity_1

[fixed] Starting batch files and other scripts in their own directories

Post by InjAnnuity_1 »

When one double-clicks on a batch file, or other script, in Windows Explorer, the file launches in its own directory. However, when launched from a MyInfo link, it starts in MyInfo's directory, instead. Is there any way (an option on the link, perhaps?) to start it in its own folder? I haven't seen one so far.

P.S.: MyInfo seems to combine many of the best features from CherryTree, TreePad, TreeLine, NoteCase Pro, and ToDoList. As a result, it directly overcomes many of their failings and limitations. Great work! I'm hoping to start consolidating soon.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thanks for the good words and for the issue you have found. It will be fixed in the next update.
InjAnnuity_1

Post by InjAnnuity_1 »

Thank you for taking a look.

On the same topic, I left a suggestion. It puts this question in a slightly larger context, so you might be interested in that post, too.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I've read it, but at this time the fix of the working directory is what is possible. I will keep the other suggestions in mind though..
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Fixed in MyInfo 7.3 (build 7714).
InjAnnuity_1

Post by InjAnnuity_1 »

Thank you!

This can save a lot of effort. Example: I had an outline that was used as both user instructions and the user's "control panel", firing off batch files to do some user-selected gruntwork. Double-clicking a batch file in Windows Explorer was no problem. The batch file started where it was supposed to start, and so had access to the neighboring files it needed. But when invoked from the outline...

The only work around was to embed the file's home directory, as an absolute path, in the batch file itself, so that the batch file could forcibly re-establish its correct starting directory. This became a real mess to fix whenever the parent directory was moved, copied, or renamed. Every single batch file had to be edited. Again. Reliably. Miss just one...

Now that headache can be safely avoided. Thanks again!