Enhancements for favourites

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
mfelix

Enhancements for favourites

Post by mfelix »

Today`s solution is pretty basic once you have a lot of notebooks: The toolbar is quickly full. If you detach it, it is better, but it hangs in the air somewhere.
I think it would be better to stack it vertically below the notebook pane with a vertical divider. Usually you don´t have so many notebooks open that it fills up the whole pane, so that space is lost.
FaraHilde

Post by FaraHilde »

The suggestion to stack the toolbar vertically below the notebook pane with a vertical divider seems like a practical solution to optimize space utilization, especially for users with numerous notebooks. It would streamline accessibility without cluttering the interface, offering a more efficient user experience.
legioner07

Post by legioner07 »

FaraHilde wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:49 pm The suggestion to stack the toolbar vertically below the notebook pane with a vertical divider seems like a practical solution to optimize space utilization, especially for users with numerous notebooks. It would streamline accessibility without cluttering the interface, offering a more efficient user experience. Candy Crush
+1 from me.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

mfelix wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:30 pm Today`s solution is pretty basic once you have a lot of notebooks: The toolbar is quickly full. If you detach it, it is better, but it hangs in the air somewhere.
True
mfelix wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 3:30 pm I think it would be better to stack it vertically below the notebook pane with a vertical divider. Usually you don´t have so many notebooks open that it fills up the whole pane, so that space is lost.
Well the notebook panel doesn't only list open notebooks, but also - if desired - listing the tabs vertically. It will become pretty crowded with 2 or 3 notebooks open with say 12 seconds each and below a whole list of lets say 20 favorites

I personally more in favor of mimicking the behaviour of a bookmark toolbar from web browsers (like Firefox). So allowing folders in toolbar to group entry's. And maybe some menu style listing
Clipboard03.jpg
Clipboard03.jpg (33.34 KiB) Viewed 18 times
In additional to the toolbar a bookmark panel/sidebar could be implemented like also present in web browsers like Firefox/Vivaldi