Export Section to PDF

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
noone22

Export Section to PDF

Post by noone22 »

It would be helpful to be able to export a folder/subfolders to a PDF?
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

noone22 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:34 pm It would be helpful to be able to export a folder/subfolders to a PDF?
This can be done with a PDF printer.
noone22

Post by noone22 »

Are you referring to print to pdf, if so then that I tested it and it is clumsy, it asks which page numbers to print, I have no clue which page number I am on, I did not see a print current page only option, having the integrated PDF export should provide all of the controls needed.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

noone22 wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 2:10 am Are you referring to print to pdf, if so then that I tested it and it is clumsy, it asks which page numbers to print, I have no clue which page number I am on, I did not see a print current page only option, having the integrated PDF export should provide all of the controls needed.
Yes, I'm referring to Print to PDF.

1. Select the folder (in tree) which notes you want to Print
2. Press Print Button
3. Printer: Print to PDF
4. Print Range -> Ignore this; leave it at All Pages
5. Under Print Notes -> Print What: Selected Branches
6. Press OK (or if you want to see what the result would be before exporting: skip 6 go to 7)
7. Press Preview in right Corner
8. You can now see the page layout
9. Press Print Button
10. Add the Print Range, if you want to export a specific page.

Native export ultimately nicer compared to Print to PDF. However current system is OK, I think. I personally prefer developer resources - a scarce commodity - to be spend on other feature requests first. FWIW: there was a feature survey poll a while back (April). Native PDF export was one of items. No idea about the results.
Khadras

Post by Khadras »

But what to ability to export as PDF Portofolio, where each notes is a pdf, and whole branch is pdf portofolio?