Conditional Formatting for Text

Tell us what could be improved in MyInfo
noone22

Conditional Formatting for Text

Post by noone22 »

The concept is the same conditional formatting used for note titles but instead for text inside the note.

Example: I am in a note and type the word "Issue" or "Solution", I would want to create a conditional format on those words

The same would apply to a phrase, anything in quotes.

Text = Issue
Format
Font Arial
Size 12
Bold
Highlight Black
Text Red

Text = Solution
Format
Font Arial
Size 12
Bold
Highlight Yellow
Text Black

Regards.J
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

100+ suggestion posts since joining less than 3 months ago. Are you using AI to generate posts or something? Seems kinda weird to be honest. Maybe you're just super smart and observant. :)
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

blopplop wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 8:30 am 100+ suggestion posts since joining less than 3 months ago. Are you using AI to generate posts or something? Seems kinda weird to be honest. Maybe you're just super smart and observant. :)
Those are not AI generated requests, IMHO. More a power user, who is hitting the limitations of an application within his workflow/ use-case. It's at minimum very interesting to read how MyInfo (could) be used. The question: is MyInfo developed with this type of use in mind? Or is sensible to accommodate this type of use? For example: is there a market and is it worth it.

There quite a number of not unreasonable requests, IMHO. However how big is the user-base who actually would use it? And - even if the suggestions are considered to be implemented, it could take years to do so. It might entail that the current power user moved on. Power users can get annoyed by being confronted with the limitations. Moving to the next piece of software or a different workflow.
noone22

Post by noone22 »

I just switched from Ultra Recall ( user since 2012 ) to MyInfo several months ago and use it daily and it has become an invaluable tool where it allows me to be more organized and productive. The suggestions are mostly what I would call enhancements to existing functionality ( or a variation of it ). Bottom line, I try to find ways to be more productive, that is what most if not all of my suggestions are for.
blopplop

Post by blopplop »

Just to be clear, I truly wasn't trying to be snarky. It just seemed like with the amount of suggestions I saw maybe MI isn't robust enough for your purposes. I too use it for so many things, and I am a daily user.... really I use it all day--all the time.

Anyhow, thanks for the response.

Dave
noone22

Post by noone22 »

Most of my suggestions ( not all ) are enhancements to existing functionality which leads me to believe that I am not asking for something that is out of the applications capabilities but will enhance whatever is already built in. If I were a developer I would want the user base to provide suggestions it would be a win / win for the application to continue to grow ( hopefully for many, many years ) and the developer would gain the well deserved revenue ( personally I prefer to support developers that provide excellent products such as MyInfo )...J