Suggestion: User-definable time delay on tag pop-up

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

Suggestion: User-definable time delay on tag pop-up

Post by kf »

Is there any way to set this currently? If not, it would really be nice to be able to set this in the options! Numerous times I have been caught by a tag popup as I move my mouse from the tree-pane to the text-pane. This changes focus from where I had it and forces me to click to get rid of it. I like that they popup, but when it happens instantly it ruins the workflow.

If this setting is currently controlled by the windows-wide menu delay setting, could it please be separated?

Thanks,

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

kf wrote:Is there any way to set this currently? If not, it would really be nice to be able to set this in the options! Numerous times I have been caught by a tag popup as I move my mouse from the tree-pane to the text-pane. This changes focus from where I had it and forces me to click to get rid of it. I like that they popup, but when it happens instantly it ruins the workflow.

If this setting is currently controlled by the windows-wide menu delay setting, could it please be separated?
Hi Kevin, we are using custom system for the popup menus, but I think that we could make it use the Windws default delay settings.
kf

Post by kf »

No, please don't! I would like to be able to set the setting from within MyInfo, that's all. I think they are too fast, but others may like them. If you already have the setting there, just not user-defineable, all I request is that it be made available to the user.

Kevin