Access violation when I try a hyperlink to a file on disk

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
dspady

Access violation when I try a hyperlink to a file on disk

Post by dspady »

Just today (everything worked fairly well till then). I made a hyperlink to a file on my hard disk and then went to try it and got the message below.
Now if I try any disk oriented hyperlinks the same thing happens. It seems to work OK for links WITHIN a myinfo file or for weblinks, but not for disk oriented links. Can you help

Access violation at address 7C9106C3 in module 'ntdll.dll". Write of address 7CB80EEA

Many thanks
Nature has no reset button!
dspady

Post by dspady »

I exported the MyInfo file into Treepad. Got the same problem except it also says "No valid file association found for operation: open on file: "filename"

the file is right where I put it and the link looks fine. Do you have any idea as to what is going on?

Many thanks.
dspady

Post by dspady »

In treepad it gave the message that there was no file association to the file. I had just upgraded my Adobe from 7.0 to 7.0.8. When I went in to folder options in the control panel I changed the PDF link to Adobe Acrobat rather than Adobe Reader and it worked. Go figure.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

So it was a hyperlink to Adobe PDF file?
dspady

Post by dspady »

Yes. Somehow the association got 'disassociated' when the Adobe upgrade was made. I uninstalled Adobe and reinstalled it. Did not do the upgrade. Everything works OK now.