How to move topic

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
JanRif

How to move topic

Post by JanRif »

How does user move topic from one file to another?

One suggestion: drag/drop onto file tabs....??? Thanks.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I assume that you ask how to move documents from one topic (file) to another. You can do it exactly like you said: drag the document(s) to the tab of the other topic, wait a second or two and the other topic will be activated, then browse in the topic tree and drop the documents to their new location.
JanRif

Post by JanRif »

Petko wrote:I assume that you ask how to move documents from one topic (file) to another. You can do it exactly like you said: drag the document(s) to the tab of the other topic, wait a second or two and the other topic will be activated, then browse in the topic tree and drop the documents to their new location.
Yes you are right about what I meant. And yes this works on my machine. But it copies, doesn't move.

Also discovered I couldn't edit the forum from MI browser even tho I was logged in.

Is it possible to join two or more topics into 1 topic with breaks?

Thank you.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

JanRif wrote:But it copies, doesn't move.
Just hold down the Shift key while dropping the documents!
JanRif wrote:Also discovered I couldn't edit the forum from MI browser even tho I was logged in.
This is strange. It works for us. Do you use the Internet Explorer browser (default) or Mozilla Firefox (MyInfo Tips & Tricks has instructions how to activate it) in MyInfo?
JanRif wrote:Is it possible to join two or more topics into 1 topic with breaks?
Do you mean topics or documents?
If you want to join topics, you can just insert one of the topics into the other topic and then delete the inserted topics.
If you want to join documents, you can copy and paste the information from one of the documents into the other and then delete it.
JanRif

Post by JanRif »

Petko wrote:
JanRif wrote:Also discovered I couldn't edit the forum from MI browser even tho I was logged in.
This is strange. It works for us. Do you use the Internet Explorer browser (default) or Mozilla Firefox
Options: Using Mozilla
Petko wrote:
JanRif wrote:Is it possible to join two or more topics into 1 topic with breaks?
Do you mean topics or documents?
If you want to join topics, you can just insert one of the topics into the other topic and then delete the inserted topics.
If you want to join documents, you can copy and paste the information from one of the documents into the other and then delete it.
Ahh... terminology, sorry.. Let's see joining documents I think. I guess drag/drop topic to topic inserts one topic into another.

I don't understand what you mean by insert one topic into another topic unless you mean drag/drop & turn it into subtopic.

Situation: user clips numerous articles on same subject. Instead of wanting to maintain numerous topics on the same subject, user wants to join them so they all appear in one document page (I think I'm using the right words.

The problem is I am used to another program & the terminology is different. Sorry for confusion.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA