Upgrade policy

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
JanRif

Upgrade policy

Post by JanRif »

Petko, Since v4 will be out later this year, I'm wondering what your upgrade policy is. Thank you.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
BobMack

Post by BobMack »

I can't speak for the company, but as a customer for about two years, I will say that I've found Milenix to be extraordinarily diligent in releasing minor upgrades with bug fixes and incremental improvements.

When I notified them of a problem I'd encountered, they went to some trouble to track down the source of the problem, and sure enough, it was fixed in the next decimal release.

Moreover, the 3.5 version, which was released as a free upgrade, had substantial enough improvements (especially in the area of searching and indexing) that I daresay most companies would have released it as 4.0 and charged for the upgrade.

That may or may not answer your question, but I hope it helps put things in perspective.

Bob Mackreth
Wisconsin, USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

JanRif wrote:Petko, Since v4 will be out later this year, I'm wondering what your upgrade policy is. Thank you.
Jan, sorry, I have missed somehow your question. In general all MyInfo are eligible for all point updates (3.1, 3.5 and so on). However, when we release a major new version (like v. 4), customer who purchased MyInfo in the few months before the release get the upgrade free of charge!
JanRif

Post by JanRif »

Petko wrote:
JanRif wrote:Petko, Since v4 will be out later this year, I'm wondering what your upgrade policy is. Thank you.
[snip] when we release a major new version (like v. 4), customer who purchased MyInfo in the few months before the release get the upgrade free of charge!
Petko, thanks for your response. It is a fair policy. I will license MI now even tho I will not be using MI until v4 for the reasons I stated earlier because in a small way I hope it demonstrates my faith in MI and, again, in a small way I hope it encourages you to continue. Also as I mentioned before, I am happy to to test for you. Thank you.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA