"Created On" column blank

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

"Created On" column blank

Post by kf »

I'm bringing this up, but do not have a lot of information. I have a MyInfo file where I use the Created On column. I opened the file today and realized that all the dates are missing. I added a new document and the times show for the newly created columns. Any ideas? Are the dates lost? I cannot send the file due to the sensitive nature of the material, so all I can ask is that you keep an eye out for this. Thanks,

Kevin

[edit]
after a little further investigation, something is hosed. If I try to sort on the Created On column I get a "Myinfo has detected an error, do you want to send it?" dialog. The program does not crash, but any subsequent left click on the column heading or attempts to sort on any column generate the error. I tried getting rid of the column and bringing it back and I tried copying to a new topic, neither worked. If I close Myinfo and restart it, I can sort on any column except the Created On column.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The problem is that maybe you are using non-default Windows Date/Time settings. This is a problem, which appears from time to time on some systems, but will try to fix it in MyInfo 4.
kf

Post by kf »

That's true... I am. Is the information gone or can I restore it by changing to a default?

Ultimately, v4 should fix this, but I don't really have a strong reason to keep a custom format. Thanks for the help,

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

kf wrote:That's true... I am. Is the information gone or can I restore it by changing to a default?
Yes, the data should be intact, just it could not be displayed in the non-default date format.
kf

Post by kf »

Hmmm... I thought I had changed the format but I was using a standard Windows Date/Time format. But, I did try changing the format and rebooting and the dates still dont show up. The only dates I see are from the three documents I created yesterday. All previous documents are still blank.

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I am sorry, this is my fault: it seems that if a document is created when using date/time format that does not work with MyInfo 3, the date is not preserved.
kf

Post by kf »

Ahhhh... ok. Still not sure if I did use custom format (I know I changed one computer cant remember if it was this one). In any event, I'm not sure if created on date is important for this application yet or not so no big deal!

One question along these lines: will v4 allowing customizing of the date formats in the treepane? Including read-only columns (like created on date)?

Thanks Petko,

Kevin