MyInfo v4.24

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kadidel

MyInfo v4.24

Post by kadidel »

I notice on the Milenix Website where you download MyInfo Trial, it lists the current version as 4.24, released April 21, 2009. As a registered user, I normally receive an email with download information for the updated registered full version. I have received no email? I can't find any information on what the new version changed either?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

In fact, we haven't sent out updates for this release, because we found some problems in it and we want to sort them out before sending this update to our registered customers.

You will receive update notifications for MyInfo 4.25 in the next few days though.
kadidel

Post by kadidel »

Thank you! I figured either I missed the email or it just hadn't gone out yet.
wsp

Post by wsp »

I've just downloaded 4.25 and am pleased with the improvements. In particular, I'm excited about the ability to set the line-spacing in finer increments; it makes a huge difference in the readability of text on the screen.
Bill
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, after using 4.25 over the weekend, I have become aware of one peculiarity in the handling of the multi-line spacing.

The good news is that I can set the line-spacing in a paragraph style at 1.1 or 1.2 (which is about what I prefer). But the bad news is that when I go in to modify that style later on, the line-spacing reverts to 1 unless I type in 1.1 or 1.2 again in that menu before leaving it.

I want my multi-line spacing to stick in the paragraph style menu so that I don't have to remember to reset it each time I modify a style.

Is this perhaps a small bug that could be fixed in the next release?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This is definitely a bug, which will be fixed in the next release!
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks for your quick response, Petko. I find quite MyInfo quite powerful, but I am also struck by how attractive it looks on the screen. For whatever that's worth, it seems to me the most visually pleasing of all the major note-taking programs (especially if you take some time to tinker with the colors, fonts, paragraph styles, and tool bars) -- and these new precise gradations in line-spacing are both handsome and useful.
Bill