version 4.30: search questions

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
wsp

version 4.30: search questions

Post by wsp »

Petko, I have a few quick questions about searches in the new version.

When I use the OR syntax (and I gather the word must be in all caps?), the "or" letter combination is highlighted (generally as a part of other words) in the resulting documents -- in addition to the highlighting of the two words for which I'm searching. This seems to be odd behavior. Is this what you intended, or is it a bug?

The NEAR syntax gives me a few false hits -- i.e., only one of the two terms appears in some of the documents.

And I'm not sure yet how to search for attributes. In one of my topics I have an attribute called "Source," and for it I use a drop-down list of abbreviated names of various libraries, Google Book Search, etc. I thought I should able be to use this search:

source:google [word]

but it doesn't work. What am I doing wrong?

The new version is a great improvement, by the way. I am amazed at how speedy searches are now.
Bill
wsp

Post by wsp »

P.S. After sleeping on it, I realized that that I was not getting false hits after all: the missing second term was in a tag (which of course was not visible).

But I continue to be puzzled by the highlighting of "OR" (and also "NEAR," by the way), and I still don't understand how to search for attributes.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The highlighted OR is definitely a bug, we will fix it soon.