COPY/PASTE (from web page) and SAVE issues in 4.31

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
jamal

COPY/PASTE (from web page) and SAVE issues in 4.31

Post by jamal »

I had encountered several crashes due to "index out of bound" in version 4.30 when copying and pasting from IE7. It appears that version 4.31 has fixed this issue.

I installed 4.31 and pasted from the same IE window and clipboard that caused 4.30 to crash, and it worked fine.

Hopefully 4.31 is stable. Thanks for the quick fix.
Last edited by jamal on Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
jamal

Post by jamal »

I probably spoke too soon with my previous post :?

When copying and pasting snippets of text multiple times from the same browser page, MyInfo seems to slow down progressively and eventually hangs after about a dozen copy/paste operations.

Say, you copy and paste a small paragraph, and then another paragraph, and then another... (all are formatted text). If you do this few times, things are ok. After about 10 times, each subsequent copy/paste takes more and more time to complete. 12th and 13th copy/paste took about 10 minutes to complete with MyInfo consuming between 65 and 75% of the CPU on a dual core vista desktop. On an XP laptop the CPU runs 100% and hangs. Each save at this point takes another 7 minutes. The behavior is the same in IE7 and Chrome browsers. If you exit MyInfo and startover again, things seem to get cleaned up and it goes back to normal.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jamal, you are right - we have somehow introduced this problem, after fixing other HTML paste problems.

We have fixed that too. Again - just download your private copy of MyInfo and install it over the current one. It will resolve this issue.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Petko, unfortunately this problem is still there (after installing 4.31 updated version).