screen font sizes

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
wsp

screen font sizes

Post by wsp »

Petko, over the weekend I bought a Sony Vaio P, primarily for use in note-taking in libraries. Since the Vaio P has a very small screen with extremely high resolution, there are some slight problems in using MyInfo.

My normal default screen font in MyInfo is 14 pt. Georgia, but that's still a bit small on the Vaio P. Is there any possibility that you will introduce a zoom feature in MyInfo in the future? I am thinking of the sort of menu choice you find in OneNote and many word-processors, which makes it possible to see the text at (for example) a zoom factor of 125%.

Second, I have been able to enlarge the menu font in MyInfo through Windows (Windows 7, that is), but I so far haven't had any luck in enlarging the font used in the results list. What category in the Windows menu should I be modifying to change the results list font?
Bill
wsp

Post by wsp »

P.S. -- I tried the experiment of increasing the "Normal" style to 16 pt. Georgia while I was using the Vaio P. That almost works, but not quite. Any locally formatted words (e.g., words in italics, bold, or highlighted) do not change size.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Zoom is not planned for 5.x releases, but we will think about it for the next major version (no release date yet).
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, thanks for the information. But to go back to my second question: is there a way of enlarging the font used in the search results list?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You are right - it is currently not possible to change the size of the search results. We will link it to the default tree font size, so you will be able to control it from the Options > Display > Font in the next version.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks very much.
Bill