Is Empty & Is Not Empty Filtering

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
jamal

Is Empty & Is Not Empty Filtering

Post by jamal »

"Is Empty" and "Is Not Empty" test conditions are not available for Category, Pop-up List, and Yes/No attribute types. I don't see why not.

In a topic with several custom attributes, not all documents can use all attributes. Some attributes, including Category, Pop-up List and and Yes/No, will be empty for some documents. Sometimes I need to be able to test if they are empty or not.

I use "category" type for most of my custom attributes because it allows multiple selections which fits well with the fact that a document may belong to multiple categories. I also use "pop-up list" where only one selection should be allowed. However, they have only two test conditions - "Is" and "Is Not." To enable full filtering with these attributes "Is Empty" and "Is Not Empty" should also be added.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Petko,

Would appreciate a response from you for this issue.

Since these two test conditions are already available for other category types, I guess they could be easily extended to the three types mentioned above as well.

What do you think?

Wish you and all at Milenix a Happy New Year..
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I think that it will be reasonable to include this improvement in the next service release.
jamal

Post by jamal »

Thanks...
jamal

Post by jamal »

Petko, I believe this is yet to be added. Can you consider it for the next service release?