Problems using internal browser

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
mfelix

Problems using internal browser

Post by mfelix »

Petko, as I wrote elsewhere I'm haveing some problems when using Internet Explorer as internal browser:

1) When I switch to another topic and then back to the topic with the web browser, the browser falls back to the initial web page. Difficult to explain: try it out with the Milenix forums: open the website, then click on a thread to open it. Switch to another topic that is open, then go back. The browser will fall back to the top level page of the forums.

2) When writing a post in the Milenix forums, I cannot use the ENTER key to terminate a sentence and advance to the next line. The ENTER key has no effect in the internal browser.

3) In our offices I sit behind a web proxy. I'm unable to store a local copy of a web page. At home it works like a charm. I don't get an error, MyInfo just displays an information in the status line that it is updating or downloading. After some time the message disappears, but nothing is stored.

Is there anything you can do about this ?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

First problem is fixed in the beta, the other two could not be fixed for now, I am sorry.
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

I will test the fix with the new beta and report.

Are you still persuing the other two, or is there definitively no chance ?
Personally I attach more importance to the Enter key.
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

Problem 1) definitively fixed. One tiny glitch: the first time after I switch back to the topic with the internal web browser open, the notes window is displayed on the lower part of the screen (wasn't there before). After I maximise the browser window it stays maximised on later switches.

Workaround for problem 2) found: I just enter <ALT> + 013 on the numeric keypad. Not that comfortable but quite alright :D

... written from MyInfo's internal browser ....