[fixed in 6.05] Is it me or a bug?

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
RobB

[fixed in 6.05] Is it me or a bug?

Post by RobB »

Hi petko
New user of pro version here.
Just started to collect data into MiInfo and have experienced the following odd behaviour. I don't know whether it's something I'm doing or a bug. They seem related.

1 I imported a large RTF outline from MS Word. All went well but MI would not find words in documents until an edit was made in them. Even something as small as adding a space then deleting it.

2 When dragging selected text from another text editor into the tree all looks okay, but the tree name is greyed out and if I move to another document then back again the text has disappeared. Same as above, just by adding a space and then deleting it solves the problem.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Rob
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Rob, did you upgrade and do you have this problems with MyInfo 6.04?
RobB

Post by RobB »

Yes, v6.04

Very easy to reproduce. Drag some selected text into the tree to create a new document. Looks okay, but name is greyed out and if you click on another document the text has gone when you go back to it. Don't understand why this would be so.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I can't reproduce it so far. I have tried dragging text to the tree from Wordpad, Firefox and MyInfo itself, but the document titles are always black and the text sticks.

Maybe there is something else that I am missing?
mfelix

Post by mfelix »

Petko, I can confirm this problem exists when I use Quick Paste and the it is set to paste as a new document:
I often select text in the web browser and the quick paste it into the tree. This is quite handy since the title is already set to the first line.
With v6.04 the title remains grey as if no text is enterd. When I switch to another document and back, the tex is lost.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I can confirm that this is a problem with plain texts and it will be fixed in the next service release.

The problem with the Ms Word outlines not being indexed on import will be fixed too.