Default document font

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
dspady

Default document font

Post by dspady »

How can I set the default font for the document page. I want Myinfo to consistently use a specific font & font size for my documents but I cannot find any place in the options/preferences to do so. How do I go about doing it? Many thanks.
Nature has no reset button!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo uses the topic Normal style for the default font and size of every new document.
writeaway

Post by writeaway »

I too have struggled with the default font. It cannot be changed except to make a new "style" which you then have to choose each time a new document is opened, not an improvement over choosing my preferred font with each new document. It is hugely irritating. Every other Information Manager I tried allowed for the default font to be changed and better yet, most allowed it for a specified set of documents.

To get around the problem, I followed the instructions to creat a new document template. That didn't work either. Or rather, it worked but the app doesn't give you the opportunity to choose it for a new document.

Any tips? ideas? Help on the way?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo uses the Normal style for every new document. So, if you type the information in your documents (instead of pasting it as formatted text), the whole text will use the Normal style.

So, if you change the Normal style (Format > Styles > Normal), you effectively change the default font of the topic.

Does that work for you?
writeaway

Post by writeaway »

Sorry Petko, No it doesn't work for me. That was my point. Changing the "Normal" font for every topic, every document and every subdocument is cumbersome, time consuming and frustrating. And, as I've already pointed out, it is the most common of options offered by other applications.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

writeaway wrote:Sorry Petko, No it doesn't work for me. That was my point. Changing the "Normal" font for every topic, every document and every subdocument is cumbersome, time consuming and frustrating. And, as I've already pointed out, it is the most common of options offered by other applications.
It is strange that it doesn't work. In order to change the default font, you have to make this change only once per topic and then the Normal font will be the same in all documents and subdocuments in that topic. But you say, that it doesn't work for you, so there should be a problem with the styles, that we are not aware of.

As I see in this thread, Jan is having the same problem, so I will investigate this.

P.S.: In MyInfo 4 we will bring back default font settings in the Options dialog.