Suggestions for future releases

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
joshi

Suggestions for future releases

Post by joshi »

MyInfo is great! It so simple yet really powerful. I have the following suggestions on improvements for future versions. I apologize if this list repeats suggestions others have given, or if MyInfo already includes these capabilities.

1. Ability to generate a search for documents that link to a particular document or topic.

2. Ability to use "Autocopy" to paste text to an editor pane rather having it create a new document.

3. Currently, when a new subdocument is added to a document that has previously been cloned, MyInfo does not automatically create a clone of the subdocument. It would be useful to have that option.

4. Ability to drag and drop hyperlinked text from the editor pane to the document without losing the hyperlink.

5. Formatting of individual elements in the document tree.

6. Word wrapping in the document tree.

7. Ability to have different column sets for individual elements in the document tree rather than for the whole topics.

8. Adding numbers and letters to state images.

9. Change case feature.

10. Ability to automatically apply tags of a document to subdocuments or an entire branch.

Thanks.
kf

Post by kf »

Re 1: This would be great but I also think you should be able to search/list/view all links within a document... sort of a "mind map" approach.

Re 5: I think Petko said this is coming, but I heartily agree that it should be done!

Re 6: Agreed! (Actually, making the tree sort of like a spreadsheet would make MyInfo interesting indeed!)

Re 7: I've thought about mentioning this before... but how would it work? GUI-wise and logic-wise I dont see how this could happen. But, I think it would be cool.

Re 8: Auto-Tagging is something I hadn't thought of, but could be really useful. Even if you could copy and paste tags, that would be handy.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thank you for these suggestions!

At this time I can say that the following feature will be for sure in MyInfo 4:
joshi wrote:2. Ability to use "Autocopy" to paste text to an editor pane rather having it create a new document.

5. Formatting of individual elements in the document tree.

10. Ability to automatically apply tags of a document to subdocuments or an entire branch.
Please note that it possible some of the other features also to appear in MyInfo 4, but because we already have a very long todo list for version 4, this are the features that will be there for sure.
kf

Post by kf »

Cool. I see your point petko... you publish a list of things you'd like to do, then people get all upset when things don't happen. But a simple roadmap would be nice! Thanks,

Kevin
joshi

Post by joshi »

# 2 would be especially useful for me. Great to see it'll be part of the next release.