Favorite or special key for a document

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
JanRif

Favorite or special key for a document

Post by JanRif »

I am trying to use MI as a daily journal. Frequently, I jump back & forth, between documents & topics. Is there an easy way to jump back to my daily journal page.

For example, in ADM, I can create a Quick Link that is always visible that I can use to jump to this page from anywhere in any of my DBs. This page can be opened in a separate window. This can be done over other programs as well.

In Ultra Recall, the user can create a desktop shortcut to a specific topic but when the user clicks on this shortcut it calls the entire program to the foreground but focused on this page.

Of the two, I prefer ADM's system since it is the cleanest, i..e opening a separate window instead of the entire program.

I'm wondering if there is something similar in MyInfo? Or if there isn't, am I the only person who thinks this might be a useful tool?

Thank you.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Jan, currently MyInfo support the way where you create a Desktop shortcut to the favorite document or topic.

To do that, just copy the link to the document (Edit > Copy Link > To This Document), create a new shortcut on the desktop, paste the link in the shortcut location screen, type a title for the shortcut and click Finish.
Now when you double click the shortcut, it will open MyInfo and focus on this document.
JanRif

Post by JanRif »

Petko wrote:Jan, currently MyInfo support the way where you create a Desktop shortcut to the favorite document or topic.

To do that, just copy the link to the document (Edit > Copy Link > To This Document), create a new shortcut on the desktop, paste the link in the shortcut location screen, type a title for the shortcut and click Finish.
Now when you double click the shortcut, it will open MyInfo and focus on this document.
Petko, thank you. The logic of this works fine. In practice there seems to be a problem on my machine. It looks to me that after I created the shortcut on the desktop the desktop link was lost. I will continue to test this. This is a w2k-sp4 machine

I tested this again -- after computer reset -- with same result.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

So, the shortcut just disappears?
JanRif

Post by JanRif »

Petko wrote:So, the shortcut just disappears?
Well the link property disappears, the shortcut icon remains but goes no where on a 2x click because there is no address.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

JanRif wrote:Well the link property disappears, the shortcut icon remains but goes no where on a 2x click because there is no address.
Could you help me to reproduce this? Please tell me with which version of Windows you get this problem at support@milenix.com.