Linking to PDF files

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

Linking to PDF files

Post by kf »

I have a bunch of links to PDF files in a MyInfo document (edit, insert hyperlink to file). They used to work, now they dont (nothing happens, no errors, no file opens). My machine was upgraded to Acrobat Reader 8 and other links still work fine. Any ideas? Anyone else with Acrobat Reader 8 that can verify this? I tried reinserting the link and inserting a completely new link and the same thing happens. The files open fine by doubleclicking from explorer. Thanks,

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo uses Adobre Acrobat open parameters command line, in order to support linking to specific pages inside the PDF file. I suppose that they have changed it in version 8, but the new reference is not yet online, so I could not confirm that. We will test it with version 8 in house and I think that we will be able to find and fix the problem soon.
kf

Post by kf »

This may be solved... I clicked on the Acrobat Reader 8 shortcut in the start menu, Adobe "configured" itself (despite having worked otherwise for a few weeks), and now the links are working again. I dont know what happened, but it's fixed for now.

Kevin