Question about v4 Merging

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

Question about v4 Merging

Post by kf »

You mention merging documents in the v4 roadmap. Is this a once and done operation? Could there be a virtual merge? Say I have 3 separate documents that contain data and there are times when I want to combine them (ie, to bring results together in one place). Would merge enable me to create a document and have that document consist of the 3 other documents (As I change one of the other documents, the merged document changes)?

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I am afraid that is feature will be too hard to implement for version 4.
kf

Post by kf »

Gotcha! Thanks for considering it,

Kevin
scadarick

Post by scadarick »

I have had this same question as well and could something like the tags be implimented...say you have the same tag for multiple notes, when you paste info in 1 note that has the same tag, can the other notes with the same tag, be updated as well?

I have had duplicate info problems as well, keeping sogtware regs up to date is a hard thing to do sometimes...so I was looking for a way to avoid this , thats when I ran ascross this post...I know its an old post and 4 is probably almost out the door or I at least hope so...looking forward to testing it on my sd card for my pda..or at least hope to try it. cant find anything close to myinfo for pda phones, mine is a samsung i730 wm5 pc poicket phone.

Thanks guys,
Rick
ScadaRick

aka: Richard L Parker