Bug: Myinfo Closes when locking PC

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
kf

Bug: Myinfo Closes when locking PC

Post by kf »

This is weird... I use MyInfo a lot and usually have it open. When my PC locks there is a good chance (better than half the time) that when I unlock my PC, MyInfo will have closed. No data is lost, the program appears to have just quit.

I've been experiencing this for the last few months (since I started using MyInfo heavily), but have not been able to figure out how to reproduce it on command. It can happen whether I lock the PC myself or let it timeout.

I know this is a poor bug report since I cant tell you how to reproduce it, but it does happen a couple times per day. I'm using XP Pro SP2. If you need any other information or want me to try something, let me know. Thanks,

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Kevin, under "locking" do you mean entering a password after the screensaver was active or something else?
kf

Post by kf »

Yes, that's exactly what I mean! When I enter my password and the machine comes back up, MyInfo is gone.

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Unfortunately, I am unable to reproduce that.
Is there any chance that MyInfo is just minimized to the tray bar, but Windows hides it's icon once the screen saver has started?
kf

Post by kf »

Hadnt thought of that... how would I test for it? If it's not in the taskbar or the systray, how would I bring it up to check? Use windows task manager?

I'm sure it's an odd quirk somewhere (perhaps even my computer configuration), that's why I didnt mention it for so long. I dont lose data so I'm not too worried... Just mentioning it!

Kevin
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Yes, you can bring up the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and see if MyInfo.exe is in the list of running processes (look in the Processes tab).