MyInfo for writing

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Tomas

MyInfo for writing

Post by Tomas »

There are some complex programs for writers, but MyInfo can mimick many of the specialized features they offer, especially the workflow features.

Example of usage:
- Enter any material into outline, hierarchically (research, ideas, citations, ....., and of course the writing)
- use icons to distinguish various kinds of topics (eg. new ideas from researched material)
- use tags to mark the status of various pieces (idea, progress, edit, finished)
- use Filters. For example, when in a mood for some editing work, just launch a filter that searches tags for "edit" tag.
- and the best of it, use cloning. For example: create a top document for the final draft of your article. Create subdocuments for basic structure. As for the rest, only use cloning to put all the previously written pieces of your writing into correct place.

Why to use cloning? So that one can re-use some materials more times in various writings on same topic.

Disclaimer: I'm still only a beginner, shortly into my trial testing of MyInfo. The above is partially modelled from how IdeaMason works.
rigas

Post by rigas »

Thomas, could you create a small example file of your very interesting suggestions on how to use MyInfo for writing?

I am particularly interested on cloning, which I dont use, probably because I dont understand it.
Tomas

Post by Tomas »

I'm sorry I don't have MyInfo installed anymore - though I'm waiting for next version to trial again.