exporting to an RTF file

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
wsp

exporting to an RTF file

Post by wsp »

If I understand this correctly, MyInfo lets me export an entire topic to a single HTML file; and it is also possible to export individual documents to a series of RTF files. But is there no way of exporting the entire topic to an RTF file?

If so, that's an annoying limitation. I'm writing a book in MyInfo, and at some point I want to export the full document into a single RTF file so that I can move it into an OpenOffice document. But it seems to me that at the moment I have only two options: I can generate a long HTML file and then try to deal with the complexities of converting HTML to RTF; or I can convert a lot of short documents into RTF files and later paste them together. Both procedures strike me a pretty inefficient.

I need RTF rather than plain text, incidentally, because my topic is heavily formatted with italics and boldface.

Am I missing something here?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo can export to a single RTF file. Maybe the name of the option should be changed to make it easier to find (Export > Text Or Web Page).

Please refer to Printing and Exporting > Export topic to a text file or to a web page in MyInfo help for more details on exporting to a RTF file and the available export options.

This feature can export to three file formats, depending on the file extension in the File Name field:
* Plain text (txt)
* Rich text format (rtf)
* HTML (htm/html)
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, you're right. Thanks. I finally found the RTF option by digging through two more layers in the menus. Under "File name" I clicked on "Browse," and then I clicked on the drop-down menu for "Save as type." There at last I was able to select RTF.

This works, but I don't find it at all clear. I would rather see RTF as a choice on the "Export Topic" menu. Something to consider, perhaps, for future releases?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We will make this option more clear in the next versions. I agree that it may be hard to find as is now.