Attribute/Task pane doesn't show

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
jamal

Attribute/Task pane doesn't show

Post by jamal »

After doing a search, the attribute pane (a.k.a task pane) is replaced by the search results. That's good. After reviewing the search results, I click on View -> Task Pane to bring back the attributes. The search results go away, that's well and good, but instead of the attributes pane coming up in its place, the editor expands and fills the space. Try again: View -> Task Pane. Instead of the attribute pane, the old search results come back up again. To get the attributes pane again, I must exit MI and restart it. This seems to be a bug.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Its awkward I know but you can press the Left Arrow button in the lower right corner of MI just to the right of Search Results.

There are actually 2 tabs there the Attribute gets pushed to the left and therefore hidden, but pressing the little right arrow will re-display it.

Hope that helps.
jamal

Post by jamal »

OK, that does it. Thanks Ralph.

I see that View -> Task Pane either closes or opens the Task Pane with the last shown window (attributes or search results), and the user needs to navigate to the other window if desired.

I wonder though why is it called a Task Pane.